Health Noms

What are your nutritious desires?   We deserve to eat real food. We're here to share delicious foods that will make your body happier!

hbreckel:

tonedbellyplease:

Your guide to toast from Zest magazine

I need all of this

hbreckel:

tonedbellyplease:

Your guide to toast from Zest magazine

I need all of this

(Source: butfirstbreakfast, via missladyredd)

— 4 months ago with 141695 notes

josesaurus:

Smooooothie for work: banana, spinach, berries, matcha, nutritional yeast, almond butter, almond milk

— 5 months ago with 1 note
#healthy  #healthy food  #super foods  #superfood  #smoothie 
thugkitchen:

Looking for that perfect grocery bag? Not anymore.
Check out Thug Kitchen’s new merch store. You’re fucking welcome.

thugkitchen:

Looking for that perfect grocery bag? Not anymore.

Check out Thug Kitchen’s new merch store. You’re fucking welcome.

(Source: thugkitchen, via josesaurus)

— 6 months ago with 16087 notes
ketln asked: hi! I was just curious, how do you determine what brands / products are cruelty free? is there a website you use to look up companies? by cruelty free, do you just mean in the sense of 'not tested on animals', or does that also include the product being fair trade? i'd like to become more proactive in researching products and companies before i purchase anything and you seem very knowledgeable!! your lists are fantastic! x


Answer:

nigga-chan:

By cruelty free I mean they are not owned by a parent company who tests and ingredients or unfinished/finished products are not tested. 

Really I do my own research by going off of lists that already exist, because most of the time they are wrong and or include brands that technically are cruelty free (Ex: Burt’s Bees) but are owned by a parent company (Clorox). These lists are probably 75-90% of the lists out there and the other 10% are good but stop updating sometimes. Here is a video I made in regards to “Cruelty free products” but parent companies that test. 

I try to research as much as I can for you guys so you don’t have to research, but honestly, if you still want to it’s just a lot of reading and no specific sites in general. You have to look around a LOT (I spend a lot of hours looking up stuff and idk to some people it may seem ridiculous but this is something that’s really important to me! )  This post may help you get started on your own research !

Blogs I use to stay up to date 

Logical Harmony  + Her Twitter  (fave)

MyBeautyBunny + Her Twitter (Fave) Both of these ladies post news about buy outs and information about ingredients in products that are toxic. They also have their own lists on their sites. 

Cruelty Free Face (Twitter)

—————-

Here are a few lists that I haven’t been able to go through just yet but I have them saved for a rainy day where I have the time c:

http://www.gan.ca/lifestyle/animal+testing/choose+cruelty-free+products/index.en.html

http://leapingbunny.org/


http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdotest.pdf

http://www.lifewithbeagle.com/2013/05/when-china-gets-in-way-origins-skincare.html

http://rabbitrecommended.wordpress.com/category/animal-testing-companies/

http://vidacompassion.org/main/list/company.html

http://bunnybeautiful.co.uk/the-animal-testing-naughty-list/

http://veganrabbit.com/list-of-companies-that-do-test-on-animals/

http://softly.nothingspaces.com/cruelty-free-beauty/ (Very good list because it lists the parent companies, even if the brand itself does not test)

http://littlemissmetamorph.blogspot.com/2011/04/no-to-animal-testing-and-lies-big.html

Thank you so much, and I’m so happy you’re deciding to go cruelty free! I hope I answered your question!

— 6 months ago with 24 notes
Breakfast and Breakbeats, the start to every good day. After an hour of yoga and meditation, I had
4 pieces of dark chocolate
2 vitamins
1 cup of frozen organic wild blueberries
sautéed onions, spinach, and mushrooms with an egg
some rad beats
1 banana (but its already in my tummy atm)
& 2 bottles of water
I cannot complain about anything <3 Now to study for my psych final….

Breakfast and Breakbeats, the start to every good day. After an hour of yoga and meditation, I had

  • 4 pieces of dark chocolate
  • 2 vitamins
  • 1 cup of frozen organic wild blueberries
  • sautéed onions, spinach, and mushrooms with an egg
  • some rad beats
  • 1 banana (but its already in my tummy atm)
  • & 2 bottles of water

I cannot complain about anything <3 Now to study for my psych final….

— 6 months ago with 2 notes
#vegetarian  #breakfast  #food porn  #health  #diet  #me 

lemonmeriginguelie:

excuse me while I puke every where

(Source: lilyofhercity)

— 6 months ago with 3 notes